How to Develop Outstanding Teen Leadership Training Programs at Camp
It's all here! This 307 page, 35 chapter book explainsexactly how to build and run a superb program. At its heart are the 24unique, reproducible “Skills Maps” which identify the precise thingsthat leaders do and say. Just like a “swim chart” tells exactly whatswimmers need to progress, the Maps are very bit as specific inteaching communication, cooperation, problem-solving, respect,responsibility, planning, and more.
- seven terrific tools for teaching leadership in fun and effective ways
- transforming LIT and CIT programs where older campers are “helpers” into real courses in how to be great leaders, team members, counselors, and teachers
- original leadership training activities you won't find anywhere else,
- many of which you can also use in your general staff training
- exactly how to teach staff to be skilled mentors of junior leaders
- the real secrets to doing activity debriefing to maximize participation
- the learning of life skills for all young people
- and more!