Preventing Eating Disorders in Teen Athletes provides a detailed overview of the warning signsfor eating disorders in teen athletes. The DVD identifies those sports that have a high level ofrisk for disordered eating and reviews various weight-loss practices commonly undertaken byteens. The DVD also presents practical strategies for preventing eating disorders and helping ateen athlete who is dealing with an eating disorder.
Among the topics covered:
- Key research findings
- Adolescents and dieting
- Sports with high risk for eating disorders
- Disordered eating and weight-loss practices
- Warning signs of eating problems in athletes
- Contributors to disordered eating
- Preventing the eating-disorder cycle
- How to help an athlete with an eating problem
Produced in cooperation with the American College of Sports Medicine.