||An estimated 10,000-plus, camp-type programs are operating each summer. Many have nurses who are venturing into camp for the first time. Help your camp nurse's success!
Provide this updated introduction to camp nursing, written by Linda Ebner Erceg, RN, MS, PHN, Executive Director, Association of Camp Nurses, and Myra Pravda, RN, MSN, President, Association of Camp Nurses. Linda and Myra used their combined years of experience and professionalism to create a quick-reference, easy-to-use handbook that can help any healthcare professional get up and running immediately.
Issues covered include:
New to this edition is expanded content in every chapter, more sample forms, and incorporation of the growing body of camp nursing literature.
- role of the camp nurse and how she/he fits into camp
- regulations to keep in mind
- things to talk over with the camp director
- clinical things to know before going to camp
- setting up the health center
- orienting staff
- reviewing the camp's health services
- record systems
- communicable disease management
- the screening process
- medication management
- the camp nurse walk-around
- injury-illness surveillance
- summary reports
- responding to emergencies
- interface with tripping programs
- and more