The Camp Counselor's Guide to Working With Girls features a clear, straightforward training program that offers a practical approach to working effectively with girls. The program includes the most effective ways to establish a relationship with girls; how girls join and compete with one another; and how girls ostracize and bully one another. The program helps staff think through how to work with girls who do not fit in, with girls who dominate a cabin, group, or bunk, and provides advanced communication techniques geared specifically for connecting with girls.
Among the topics covered:
- Afraid of losing the connection
- Girls are indirect about anger
- Being kind is giving of yourself
- Encourage girls to think for themselves
- Help quiet girls support one another
- A strong role model
Produced in cooperation with the American Camp Association.