The Centers for Disease Control reports that ADHD in children is on the rise. In fact, between 2003 and 2015, the incidence of ADHD in the US increased by approximately 65%. Working Effectively With ADHD Campersoffers camp professionals and their staff the insight, understanding, and tools they need to speak intelligently on the subject with camper parents, deal properly with the requisite medication, and work effectively with these challenging campers. This DVD is a must-have resource for staff training, leadership training, and camp program development.
Among the topics covered:
• Attention deficit hyperactive disorder is a collection of symptoms or behaviors
• How can you determine if a camper might have ADHD before they get to camp?
• Managing medication at camp
• Most common psychostimulant medications
• Effective strategies and tools
• Come to camp on an agreement
• Communicating with ADHD kids