Clinical Decision–Making in Sports Medicine Moving From the Evidence to the Goal provides an overview of the underlying process for making decisions in sports medicine concerning return-to-play (conduct research, present the findings of the research, read the research, discuss the situation with the injured athlete, and reach a decision). The DVD explores translating research findings into a rational and structured approach for treatment and return-to-play decisions in sports medicine. Featuring three world-renowned professionals, the DVD provides almost two hours of information, ideas, and insights on a relevant topic.
Among the topics covered:
• Why is this so important?
• Problem for clinical decision-making
• Odds ratio
• How do you translate this information to your patient/athlete?
• Rational reasons why baseline risk might affect the decision
• Return-to-playdecision-making:a standardized approach to a complex problem
• Clinician differences