Make your staff training more like camp: fun, exciting, and unforgettable! Training Terrific Staff! Volume 1: A Handbook of Practical and Creative Tools for Camp, by a master trainer in camp, recreation, and education, is loaded with almost 400 pages and over 40 chapters of fresh, practical, immediately usable techniques and activities to train and motivate staff in programs of every type and size. This book demonstrates how to:
- Effectively teach staff to lead young people and develop teamwork, communication, responsibility, and more
- Make maximum use of minimum time
- Reinvigorate your team-grab and hold the attention of even veteran staff who have "heard it all before"
- Creatively communicate program goals and mission
- Boost staff participation to increase learning
- Make it stick: help staff remember and practice key skills
Original, nationally-acclaimed activities you won't find anywhere else, with ready-to-go reproducible activity sheets and detailed, step-by-step trainer guides!