Supervision is one of the most important elements to a successful camp season. And yet, a high percentage of claims reported are directly correlated to inappropriate and inadequate supervision practices. Based on years of claims data and risk management research, supervision, education, and accountability have been identified as three key factors essential to an effective safety strategy. Improving Camp Safety With S.E.A. (Supervision, Education, and Accountability) offers practical insight concerning how S.E.A. can support a healthy and positive camper experience.
Among the topics covered:
• Education: identifying potential child abusers
• Avoid potential errors in judgment
• Athletic activity safety tips
• Playground safety-the dirty dozen
• Failure to plan for emergencies
• Five important steps in the riskmanagement process