In operating a quality program, effective risk management includes the critical task of managing the risk of loss to both campers and the camp organization itself. In that regard, the court opinions can provide camps with valuable insights. Understanding Your Legal Duty of Care reviews what the courts are saying about a camp's duty of care, inherent risks, and the validity of liability releases. The primary focus of the DVD is on the legal duty of care owed by a camp and its staff to campers and their parents-perceived, announced, and standards.
Among the topics covered:
• Why is this important?
• Is a (any) legal duty of care owed?
• The standard of conduct
• Factors influencing the nature of the duty
• Eliminating the legal duty of care
• The doctrine of primary assumption of risks
• Where does duty arise? Where do things go wrong?